Reviewed by Rob on 30 Mar 2010
This release is the 29-th edition of the Inner Circle series in a timespan of 5 years.
Inner Circle is the Fan-Club of Neal Morse in witch he shares his unreleased music,demos, try-outs and rough edits. Joining his fanclub you can order all his previous 28 releases
In these 5 years he shared his music from with his bands Cassanova, Burlesque, Neal Morse Band and his work as a songwriter for commercials and musicals.
After he left Spock's Beard his lyrics are gospel orientated as a solo artist and with Transatlantic as well in his series of Worship albums.
This album is a mixture of all
Opening track is an epic to me. Recorded and played by Neal. I can't understand why this is not on an album. Perhaps because Seeds of Gold has 25:31 on the clock and can't get on CD with other epics.
A song that could easely sand up to the level of Transatlantic
2. A Thousand Miles is a track like Paul Young/ Hall and Oates, just a nice pop song. Perhaps even hit potential.
3. Jesus and Me is an accoustic guitar/vocals song witch reminds me of his song Emma
4. Everything Girl is a happy song and a tribute to his daughter Jayda in the veign of ELO/Beatles
5. We're comin' a long long way is another accoustic guitar/vocals song.
6. You are more important to me is a piano/vocals ballad about his relation with Jesus
Again Neal Morse proved his multi tatent in these songs even these are not on an official album. These rough diamants are treasures and for me worthwhile to be a member of the Inner Circle.